(This picture is the library of C. H. Spurgeon-The Prince of Preachers. Mr. Spurgeon collected twel

(This picture is the library of C. H. Spurgeon-The Prince of Preachers. Mr. Spurgeon collected twel
(This picture is the library of C. H. Spurgeon-The Prince of Preachers. Mr. Spurgeon collected twelve thousands of books. May we also pursue after the spiritual, heavenly and eternal things with our whole heart by God's grace!)

Friday, November 13, 2015

6. Hymn: I Do Not Ask, O Lord

I Do Not Ask, O Lord

Author: Adelaide A. Procter

1. I do not ask, O Lord, that life may be
    A pleasant road;
    I do not ask that Thou wouldst take from me
    Aught of its load.

2. I do not ask that flowers should always spring
    Beneath my feet;
    I know too well the poison and the sting
    Of things too sweet.

3. For one thing only, Lord, dear Lord, I plead:
    Lead me aright
    Though strength should falter and though heart should bleed,
    Through peace to light.

4. I do not ask, O Lord, that Thou shouldst shed
    Full radiance here;
    Give but a ray of peace, that I may tread
    Without a fear.

5. I do not ask my cross to understand,
    My way to see;
    Better in darkness just to feel Thy hand,
    And follow Thee.

6. Joy is like restless day; but peace divine
    Like quiet night;
    Lead me, O Lord, till perfect day shall shine,
    Through peace to light.


No comments:

Post a Comment