(This picture is the library of C. H. Spurgeon-The Prince of Preachers. Mr. Spurgeon collected twel

(This picture is the library of C. H. Spurgeon-The Prince of Preachers. Mr. Spurgeon collected twel
(This picture is the library of C. H. Spurgeon-The Prince of Preachers. Mr. Spurgeon collected twelve thousands of books. May we also pursue after the spiritual, heavenly and eternal things with our whole heart by God's grace!)

Friday, April 24, 2015

45. Hymn: And Can My Heart Aspire So High

And Can My Heart Aspire So High

Author: Anne Steele

1. And can my heart aspire so high
    To say—My Father, God?
    Lord, at Thy feet, I fain would lie,
    And learn to kiss the rod.

2. I would submit to all Thy will,
    For thou art good and wise;
    Let every anxious thought be still,
    Nor one faint murmur rise.

3. Thy love can cheer the darksome gloom,
    And bid me wait serene,
    Till hopes and joys immortal bloom,
    And brighten all the scene.

4. My Father, O permit my heart
    To plead her humble claim,
    And ask the bliss those words impart,
    In my Redeemer's name.


No comments:

Post a Comment