(This picture is the library of C. H. Spurgeon-The Prince of Preachers. Mr. Spurgeon collected twel

(This picture is the library of C. H. Spurgeon-The Prince of Preachers. Mr. Spurgeon collected twel
(This picture is the library of C. H. Spurgeon-The Prince of Preachers. Mr. Spurgeon collected twelve thousands of books. May we also pursue after the spiritual, heavenly and eternal things with our whole heart by God's grace!)

Friday, April 24, 2015

46. Hymns: Quiet, Lord, My Froward Heart

Quiet, Lord, My Froward Heart

Author: John Newton

1. Quiet, Lord, my froward heart;
    Make me teachable and mild,
    Upright, simple, free from art;
    Make me as a weaned child,
    From distrust and envy free,
    Pleased with all that pleases Thee.

2. What Thou shalt to-day provide
    Let me as a child receive;
    What to-morrow may betide
    Calmly to Thy wisdom leave:
    'Tis enough that Thou wilt care;
    Why should I the burden bear?

3. As a little child relies
    On a care beyond his own,
    Knows he's neither strong nor wise,
    Fears to stir a step alone,
    Let me thus with Thee abide,
    As my Father, Guard, and Guide.

4. Thus preserved from Satan's wiles,
    Safe from dangers, free from fears,
    May I live upon Thy smiles
    Till the promised hour appears,
    When the sons of God shall prove
    All their Father's boundless love.


No comments:

Post a Comment