(This picture is the library of C. H. Spurgeon-The Prince of Preachers. Mr. Spurgeon collected twel

(This picture is the library of C. H. Spurgeon-The Prince of Preachers. Mr. Spurgeon collected twel
(This picture is the library of C. H. Spurgeon-The Prince of Preachers. Mr. Spurgeon collected twelve thousands of books. May we also pursue after the spiritual, heavenly and eternal things with our whole heart by God's grace!)

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

5. Hymn: Consider All My Sorrows, Lord!

Consider All My Sorrows, Lord!

Author: Isaac Watts

1. Consider all my sorrows, Lord!
    And thy deliv'rance send.
    My soul for thy salvation faints;
    When will my troubles end?

2. Yet I have found, 'tis good for me
    To bear my Father's rod;
    Afflictions make me learn thy law,
    And live upon my God.

3. This is the comfort I enjoy
    When new distress begins;
    I read thy word, I run thy ways,
    And hate my former sins.

4. Had not thy word been my delight,
    When earthly joys were fled;
    My soul, oppress'd with sorrow's weight
    Had sunk amongst the dead.

5. I know, thy judgments, Lord! are right,
    Though they may seem severe;
    The sharpest suff'rings I endure
    Flow from thy faithful care.


No comments:

Post a Comment