(This picture is the library of C. H. Spurgeon-The Prince of Preachers. Mr. Spurgeon collected twel

(This picture is the library of C. H. Spurgeon-The Prince of Preachers. Mr. Spurgeon collected twel
(This picture is the library of C. H. Spurgeon-The Prince of Preachers. Mr. Spurgeon collected twelve thousands of books. May we also pursue after the spiritual, heavenly and eternal things with our whole heart by God's grace!)

Thursday, June 11, 2015

6. Hymn: In Trouble And In Grief, O God

In Trouble And In Grief, O God

Author: Richard Thomas Pembroke Pope

1. In trouble and in grief, O God,
    Thy smile hath cheered my way;
    And joy hath budded from each thorn
    That round my footsteps lay.

2. The hours of pain have yielded good
    Which prosperous days refused;
    As herbs, though scentless when entire,
    Spread fragrance when they’re bruised.

3. The oak strikes deeper as its boughs
    By furious blasts are driven;
    So life’s tempestuous storms the more
    Have fixed my heart in heaven.

4. All gracious Lord! whate’er my lot
    In other times may be,
    I’ll welcome still the heaviest grief
    That brings me near to Thee.


No comments:

Post a Comment