(This picture is the library of C. H. Spurgeon-The Prince of Preachers. Mr. Spurgeon collected twel

(This picture is the library of C. H. Spurgeon-The Prince of Preachers. Mr. Spurgeon collected twel
(This picture is the library of C. H. Spurgeon-The Prince of Preachers. Mr. Spurgeon collected twelve thousands of books. May we also pursue after the spiritual, heavenly and eternal things with our whole heart by God's grace!)

Monday, August 3, 2015

1. Hymn: O Love Divine, How Sweet Thou Art

O Love Divine, How Sweet Thou Art

Author: Charles Wesley

1. O love divine, how sweet thou art!
    When shall I find my willing heart
    All taken up by thee?
    I thirst, I faint, I die to prove
    The greatness of redeeming love,
    The love of Christ to me.

2. Stronger His love than death or hell;
    Its reaches are unsearchable;
    The first-born sons of light
    Desire in vain its depths to see;
    They cannot reach the mystery
    The length, and breadth, and height.

3. God only knows the love of God;
    O that it now were shed abroad
    In this poor stony heart!
    For love I sigh, for love I pine;
    This only portion, Lord, be mine,
    Be mine this better part.

4. O that I could forever sit
    With Mary at the Master’s feet;
    Be this my happy choice;
    My only care, delight, and bliss,
    My joy, my heaven on earth, be this
    To hear the Bridegroom’s voice.

5. O that, with humbled Peter, I
    Could weep, believe, and thrice reply,
    My faithfulness to prove.
    Thou know’st, for all to Thee is known,
    Thou know’st, O Lord, and Thou alone,
    Thou know’st that Thee I love.

6. O that I could, with favored John,
    Recline my weary head upon
    The dear Redeemer’s breast!
    From care, and sin, and sorrow free,
    Give me, O Lord, to find in Thee
    My everlasting rest.

7. Thy only love do I require,
    Nothing on earth beneath desire,
    Nothing in Heaven above;
    Let earth, and Heaven, and all things go,
    Give me Thy only love to know,
    Give me only Thy love.

No comments:

Post a Comment