(This picture is the library of C. H. Spurgeon-The Prince of Preachers. Mr. Spurgeon collected twel

(This picture is the library of C. H. Spurgeon-The Prince of Preachers. Mr. Spurgeon collected twel
(This picture is the library of C. H. Spurgeon-The Prince of Preachers. Mr. Spurgeon collected twelve thousands of books. May we also pursue after the spiritual, heavenly and eternal things with our whole heart by God's grace!)

Wednesday, August 7, 2024

3. Hymn: Ivory Palaces

Hymn: Ivory Palaces
Author: Henry Barraclough (1891-1983)

1. My Lord has garments so wondrous fine,
    And myrrh their texture fills;
    Its fragrance reached to this heart of mine,
    With joy my being thrills.

Refrain:
Out of the ivory palaces,
Into a world of woe,
Only his great, eternal love
Made my Savior go.

2. His life had also its sorrows sore,
    For aloes had a part;
    And when I think of the cross he bore,
    My eyes with teardrops start.

3. In garments glorious He will come,
    To open wide the door;
    And I shall enter my heav‵nly home,
    To dwell forevermore.



No comments:

Post a Comment